18th August 2022
£75-£90k per year
75-90k per year
Spencer Rose are looking for a Data Architect to join our consultancy client’s world-class data team. The Data Architect will play a key role in helping clients understand and realise the value of their data. The Data Architect will typically take a lead in defining their information and data models, data governance structures and processes, and aligning and leveraging data models with wider architecture and integration initiatives. The Data Architect will develop an integrated view of clients’ data using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework and proprietary techniques. The Data Architect will have a proven track record in any combination of data analysis, data cleansing, database modelling, data migration and data level business analysis across a variety of data platforms. Involvement in at least one development project is highly desirable as is a good understanding of data standards and Datamodelling best practice.
The Data architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Deliver class leading data and information architecture, modelling and governance consulting in a client facing environment.
- Develop data and information architecture strategies and policies.
- Assists with the implementation of processes around data management, eg data model maintenance, data quality policies, data security policies, lifecycle management, reference data management, meta data management, master data management.
- Assists business stakeholders in understanding and quantifying the operational impact and financial implications of poor data quality.
- Analyses data requirements to define, modify or maintain data models at both the Project and Enterprise level.
- Maintains up-to-date, specialist knowledge of database modelling techniques, design principles and industry standard data structures, eg ARTS, OAGIS.
The Data Architect must have the following Skills:
- Ability to model data for different purposes (canonical, conceptual, logical, and physical) using entity relationship modelling, class modelling, dimensional modelling and integration Datamodelling (service, APIs etc.)
- Working with the business in defining the problem domain’ ahead of defining the solution domain
- Guiding requirements to be appropriate and suitable to allow the creation of a business solution
- Understanding of the data market, including MDM, Data Lakes, Data Vault, Data Warehouses etc. and a conceptual understanding of the supporting data infrastructure architectures
- Experience in architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF, Zachman, MODAF etc.
- Any experience in a generic Solution Architect role
- Minimum Business or Technology degree educated
Share This Position