7th April 2022
Data Engineering Lead
£90k - £95k per annum
Data Engineering Lead
City of London/Remote
£90,000 – £95,000 per annum
On behalf of a fast growing City of London based financial services organisation, I am seeking an experienced Data Engineering Lead. The role will report to the Senior Data Engineering Lead and working closely with peers across Test, Software and Cloud. As a Lead you will work closely on delivery the organisations Data technology strategy. Leading a data team, you will bring the technology strategy to life for Data engineering to ensure data is safe and accessible across the business.
The organisation operates a hybrid working model; therefore, you will be expected to be present in their offices at least twice a week in London. Despite a part of your week being remote based, you should be within commutable distance of their city of London offices.
- Be responsible for industrialising the delivery of data products and services into systems and business processes.
- Create, embed and govern policies for effective and secure data management
- Design, build, test and deploy production ETL/ELT data pipelines and associated software systems including migrations, data warehousing and data lakes
- Lead a team of Data engineers who design, build, test and maintain data management systems, making sure they meet business requirements and user needs whilst delivering services that are automated, reliable and secure.
- Set standards, coach and share knowledge with the wider Data Engineering Team, ensuring the team remain skilled, engaged and productive.
- As a Data Engineering Lead, you will be working closely with various business stakeholders as well as technical point of knowledge for Data Engineering.
- This is an ideal opportunity to drive change in Data and creating a foundational layer to support the businesses digitisation agenda which will in turn result in a modern experience for their customers and colleagues.
- Previous experience of working in a Data Lead/Management capacity and experience e of leading a team of Engineers.
- Experience of working in the financial services industry would be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrate understanding of the concepts and principles of Datamodelling while providing expert SME leadership
- Strong Knowledge of both Azure Cloud and On Prem Solution
- Knowledge and evidence of development in languages such as Python – still an active data engineer
- Experience in working in agile teams and leading teams across multiple locations.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position