1st February 2023
Up to £75k per year
up to 75k per year
Spencer Rose are looking for a Database Administrator for our client who operates in the Financial Services sector. It is a Senior Role and you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems both on Prem and in cloud. If you enjoy challenges, are motivated to achieve and are enthusiastic about interacting with customers and colleagues, then this is the role for you. You will have the opportunity to work with various new technologies. Our client is aiming to be 100% cloud based within the next three years.
Senior DBA Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems both on Prem and in cloud.
- Help Delivering migration strategy for migrating Legacy SQL databases to supported infrastructure both on-prem and in Cloud.
- Ensure availability and consistent performance of various SQL Databases.
- Monitor systems Health and performance
- Planning and deploying new database objects and ETL Processes.
- Prior Experience of High-Availability Options including Always-On, Replication and Log-Shipping.
- Troubleshooting query performance issues, providing feedback to Data Engineering to improve quality
- Adoption of new technologies, features, software versions to ensure we use the best tools for purpose
- Optimise database performance and availability
- Constantly monitor and improve the security of databases
- Provide consultancy to Project Managers, Business Analysts and Managers around current processes, best practices, and ideas to solve business challenges
- Translate business requirements into well-engineered, documented, tested database solutions, supporting these systems in production
- Provide updates on on-going projects to the Principal Database Engineer and other key stakeholders
- Hands-on performing Database Engineer activities to the Bank’s standards
Senior DBA Skills:
- Awareness of the data infrastructure between SQL server and SAS platforms
- Python, C#, Advanced PowerShell Scripting
- Experience of working in DevOps Environment
- Exposure to Cloud technologies including Data Lake, Data Bricks, Data Factories.
- Knowledge of Snowflake Data Platform or an equivalent Datawarehouse methodology
Share This Position