4th October 2023
Head of Data and Analytics
£100,000 - £120,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus + excellent benefits
Head of Data and Analytics
Central London (hybrid)
£100,000 – £120,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus + excellent benefits
On behalf of a valued Spencer Rose client, I am seeking a Head of Data and Analytics who will be responsible for setting and driving the data strategy and fostering a culture of data excellence across their business. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and grow the data function both within Technology and across the business.
Due to the organisation operating a hybrid work model, you must be within commutable distance of their London offices and willing to be office based 3 days per week.
- Lead and build the data capability, ensuring that the business has the platforms and skillsets required to best leverage data and the right governance and ownership frameworks are in place. They are responsible for fostering data literacy and driving data initiatives across the business.
- Develop, execute and champion a comprehensive data strategy aligned with business objectives and technology strategy.
- Establish and maintain a data governance and ownership framework, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations (eg, GDPR, CCPA) and promoting data quality and integrity across the organisation.
- Ensure the business has access to cutting-edge data analytics capabilities, including the platforms, tools and resources required to analyse and generate insights from complex data sets.
- Enabling local team adoption and use of new analytics tools and platforms.
- Assess, implement, and manage data tools, software, and infrastructure to support the company’s data requirements.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and trends in data science, analytics, and Business Intelligence to drive continuous improvement.
- Assess and build ML and AI foundational capabilities within the business.
- Work in collaboration with Security & Legal to ensure all data handling processes adhere to industry best practices and legal requirements.
- Work with Security & Legal to document and implement data privacy and security policies, including robust data protection measures to safeguard sensitive information.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire the Data and Analytics team, ensuring team members have the necessary resources and support to excel in their roles.
- Define ways of working and standards for Data and Analytics in technology.
- Build new Data and Analytics capabilities where there are gaps in the existing organisation.
- Proven track record of senior leadership role(s) within data analytics
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team.
- Extensive expertise in data management, Datamodelling, statistical analysis, and data visualisation techniques.
- Strong understanding of data privacy laws and regulations, as well as experience implementing data governance frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Leadership qualities, including strategic thinking, influencing, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
- A passion for innovation, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a strong commitment to driving positive change through data and analytics.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position