23rd September 2022
Head of Infrastructure
£90,000 - £120,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
Head of Infrastructure
London, West End (Hybrid working options)
£90,000 – £120,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of an established London based Hedge Fund, Spencer Rose have an exciting and exclusive opportunity for a Head of Infrastructure and Systems Engineering. The role may suit a senior infrastructure engineer looking to step up into a leadership role and manage a small team based across their London and US offices.
While the vacancy offers hybrid working options, you will need to be committed to being office based 3 days per week minimum, therefore you must be UK based and within commutable distance of their West End offices.
- Managing, designing, building and deploying our Cloud server infrastructure (AWS)
- Management and continual improvement of Cloud Operations, DevOps, and on-prem IT infrastructure/operations
- Continue moving our remaining on-prem IT infrastructure to the cloud (server and application virtualisation)
- Container (Docker, Fargate) and storage (S3) technologies
- Partner to deliver on key information security and IT risk related initiatives. Furthermore, ensure compliance to patching and vulnerability policies established within the organization
- Develop and implement a robust Disaster Recovery strategy for critical systems and infrastructure
- Assess single points of failure in infrastructure and recommend actions as appropriate
- Oversee the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and administration of all IT systems, to include applications, servers, storage, databases, desktops/laptops, and mobile devices
- Design, implement, deploy and manage systems/applications monitoring processes and tools to proactively identify and resolve problems within the company computing environment
- Negotiate and manage contracts with key service providers to ensure service levels are met. Furthermore, negotiate and manage enterprise contracts, specifically, AWS.
- Previous experience in an Infrastructure Lead or Management role, the organisation will accept candidates at a Senior Infrastructure level who can demonstarate a desire to make a step into a Managerial role.
- IT infrastructure – Support, design and implement infrastructure technologies and solutions
- Strong analytical capability and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coding and Scripting (eg Python, Powershell)
- Managing on-prem workloads as well as migrating workloads to Cloud
- Systems design – specification and design of systems to meet defined business needs
- Enterprise monitoring and reporting tools
- Experience managing IP based networks, WAN technologies, virtual server technologies, cloud, DHCP/DNS, MS Office 365
- Demonstrated experience transforming IT infrastructure and moving an organization toward a mature cloud-based (AWS) service delivery model
- Knowledgeable across a broad set of infrastructure platforms (Windows, Linux etc).
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position