1st November 2022
Head of IT
£80,000 - £90,000 per annum
As their business grows and is increasingly reliant on technology, you will be advising on IT solutions that will best help the business grow and perform more efficiently. You’ll work with departments identifying their evolving system needs from beginning to end, outlining the most effective resources and oversee projects through design and development to completion.
The organisation offers a hybrid working environment where you will be expected to be present in their Central London offices 3 days per week, therefore you must be UK based and within commutable distance of London.
- You will gain a deep understanding of the business strategies and work with head of department to maximise how IT can help us deliver against these
- Management of external suppliers and development agencies
- Project management of the entire software environment to ensure that organisational development is correctly developed and deployed
- Gain an intimate knowledge of the entire software environment becoming the owner of security and GDPR
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks across the organisation and deploy solutions effectively with appropriate change management strategies
- Advise about organisation IT equipment, networking, and connectivity needs and purchases, products, parts, and services as necessary
- Establish how IT can leverage the data we have to help the business achieve its objectives
- Become the go-to person for all things IT related
- Investigate the performance of our infrastructure; providing business cases for change when needed
- Development of IT infrastructure to facilitate the growth of business units. Creation of IT policies and procedures to align the company as a whole
- Ensure the performance and availability of the infrastructure is sufficient to deliver all technical services
- Develop an IT roadmap in conjunction with the business leadership team and deliver required projects on time
- Knowledge of the SDLC and version control.
- Previous experience in an IT Manager of Head of IT capacity, preferably working closely with external MSP’s/vendors.
- Experience of working in a lone standing role with the ability to grow inhouse teams.
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives and design to meet the optimum balance between best practice and pragmatism
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements and options
- A true Technology leader able to assist in setting the strategic direction for the company
- Excellent understanding of GDPR, business continuity, compliance, and audit requirements
- Thorough and up-to-date understanding of end-to-end IT systems, networking, and security solutions
- Thorough understanding of best practice for cloud architecture (GCP and Azure)
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position