12th April 2023
Information Security Specialist
£100,000 - £110,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
Information Security Specialist
Docklands, London (Hybrid)
£100,000 – £110,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of a Leading financial services organisation, I am seeking and experienced Information Security Specialist responsible for the delivery of security related activities and maintenance and enhancements of security solutions to improve the security posture of the business’s estate.
Due to the organisation operating a Hybrid work model, you must be within commutable distance of their Docklands offices and willing to be office based at least 1 day per week.
- This individual will interact with the IT Security Architecture Team, IT Security Operations Team, Project Management Teams, global IT Teams, and outsourcing partners to deliver solutions that enhance the security program for the business.
- As part of the BAU Security Engineering team, develop and implement the business’s security strategy in consultation with the IT teams, ensuring that all initiatives are mirrored
- Monitor, tune and develop technical Security controls and frameworks to ensure appropriate preparation, monitoring and response to threats in respective strategies including the overall business Strategy
- Provide security advice and support for information technology projects
- Research new security related products and services to ensure that the business is equipped with appropriate industry best of breed tools and solutions
- Operate and maintain Security controls related to SIEM, DLP, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Endpoint Protection, Network Protection, etc.
- Review and help refine Security procedures to ensure compliance with cyber resilience requirements
- Be responsible when assigned ownership of Security related Regulatory and Internal Audit finding(s), and provide effective/timely resolution
- Design and integrate consistent security solutions across on-premise and cloud environments for domains like Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Security, Data Security, Network Security, Identity and Access management etc.
- Facilitate monitoring and enforcement of configurations, as well as manage and monitor security on systems deployed in the cloud in a similar fashion as is done on-premises
- Oversee design principles and controls relating to third party solution providers.
- A minimum of 5 years of information security experience with at least 2 years in cloud security
- Financial and/or Banking industry experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following: Firewalls, TCP/IP, network IDS/IPS, host-based IDS/IPS, endpoint and network-based DLP, web proxies, email protection, endpoint protection software, SIEM
- Sound knowledge of enterprise security concepts/frameworks and products, secure design principles and patterns
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to drive forward key security objectives
- Strong documentation and report writing skills (to both technical and business audiences)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills combined with technical Security acumen.
- B.S. in a technology discipline (Computer Science, Information Management, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or equivalent) or Security Certifications such as CISSP, SANS GIAC GSEC, GCED, GCIA, GCIH, GREM; or Cisco CCNA, CCNP; or equivalent.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position