9th January 2023
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
City of London (hybrid)
£60,000 – £65,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of a City of London based financial services organisation, I am seeking an Infrastructure Engineer. The role is primarily tactical and operational in nature, focused on managing and maintaining infrastructure and application support activities. The role holder works closely with Projects, Senior IT Management and Operational Services (Change, Config etc) as well as working closely with offshore team members.
The organisation offers a hybrid working environment; therefore, you must be committed to being based in their London offices at least one day per week.
- Provision and maintain development, test, and production infrastructure platforms and Infrastructure specific applications.
- Identify potential for new technologies, to aid in Design discussions and implementation plans.
- Monitor and maintain and report Infrastructure platforms.
- Manages Infrastructure associated Risks and collates, reports, and manages remediation of Risks through company Risk Management Process
- Works with Operations Management to ensure Support, Maintenance and Licensing specific to the Infrastructure Application estate is clearly managed.
- Comply with the organisations Information Security Policy, and all subordinate policies and local procedures.
- Manages Infrastructure associated Incidents and problems and remediation of these through our operational ITIL Practices.
- Ensure that tasks related to on-going projects or BAU initiatives are correctly refined and visible with our agile practices and ceremonies.
- Assisting, collaborating, and supporting the wider Operations Engineering teams.
- Can liaise with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Managers around current processes, best practices, and ideas to solve business challenges.
- Identifies and reduces costs incurred by the team and looks for ways to optimise while continuing to deliver a great customer experience (Internal and External)
- Protect the organisation assets in line with the requirements set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Previous experience in an Infrastructure Engineer capacity, preferably within a financial services environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with C-suite employees.
Experience in as many of the below tech skillset, with alternative vendors considered:
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft AD, DNS, DHCP
- Linux Redhat Operating System
- Azure – AAD, Portal Administration and Provisioning
- Monitoring solutions eg Solarwinds
- Backup solutions eg Commvault and Azure Backup.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position