12th January 2023
Infrastructure Project Manager
London - Canary Wharf
£650 - £700 per day
Infrastructure Project Manager
£650 – £700 per day (inside IR35)
On behalf of a Leading financial services organisation, we have a fantastic contract opportunity for an Infrastructure Project Manager to manage and implement company-wide transformational projects. This person will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and delivery of key sub projects and workstreams in an efficient manner, while adhering to the relevant budgetary and deadline requirements.
Due to the organisation operating a Hybrid work model, you must be within commutable distance of their Docklands offices and willing to be office based at least two days per week.
- Agrees and formalizes plans, conducts or co-ordinates required business analysis where necessary.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the sub projects (and workstreams) scope and budget
- Manage and maintain interlock of projects with other project managers
- Contribute in maintaining the Program RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies) Log at the sub project/workstream level.
- Identify and lead the virtual sub project/workstream team
- Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work
- Assisting the Program Manager Program planning and control including:
- Contributing and maintaining a detailed Program roadmap.
- Managing project deliverables in line with the Program Plan.
- Act as an escalation point for project risk and issues.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project/workstream level where necessary.
- Strong oversight of scope and change control.
- Monitoring project progress and performance from a benefit realisation, time, cost and quality perspective.
- Providing status reports in line with internal standards and regulatory requirements.
- Financial management for the respective sub projects and workstreams, working closely with the Program Manager. Partnering with the finance department and ePMO
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections, apply analysis to this data to make project decisions and provide reporting of this data (Earned Value Reporting)
- Capable of managing a sub project/workstream team effectively through Matrix management. Need to be able to get the best out of a team of people who will not be direct reports.
- Proven experience in a Project Management capacity on core infrastructure related projects
- A background of work in a regulated environment – preferably banking/financial services
- Significant practical experience of leading and managing projects through their end-to-end project life cycle
- Extensive hands-on experience of delivering Business and IT change projects in a high-performance organisation
- Demonstrable experience of quantifying the effort required to deliver a solution whilst articulating any implications of any proposed solution on the wider business and existing systems
- Proficient in creating well-structured and good quality project documentation with excellent skills in the use of the MS Office suite of tools and MS Project
- Proven ability managing projects in a complex & demanding environment.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position