15th March 2023
IT Asset Specialist
South East - Hampshire
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
IT Asset Specialist
£35,000 – £40,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of a Hampshire based financial services client, I am seeking an It Asset Specialist to provide ongoing support to Procurement for software licence and hardware purchases.
Due to the importance of this role to the business, you will be expected to be based on site at their Petersfield offices 4 days per week, therefore you must be within commutable distance of this location.
- Provide ongoing support to Procurement for software licence and hardware purchases.
- Import licences, agreements and hardware items into the CMDB.
- Reconcile software entitlement to usage, using the relevant toolsets.
- Be able to analyse licence models for different publishers eg, Microsoft and IBM
- Create reports and comparisons to highlight cost savings and opportunities.
- Provide recommendations on how to licence, reconcile, and re-harvest licensing entitlement.
- Work with publishers and third parties to retrieve the correct licences and agreement base.
- Help develop and share asset management best practices and strategy for managing and maintaining licence and hardware compliance.
- Support internal software and hardware deployment rollouts, and transfer of entitlement.
- Adhere to policy and workflows, and to suggest operational improvements where possible.
- Analyse third party licence agreements
- Be able to use service management tooling eg, Remedyforce.
- Maintain the Asset Register and configuration Items within the CMDB.
- Process repairs, returns and assign hardware to our end users.
- Work with EUC Team concerning configuration of new equipment, assets, disposals.
- Manage Incident & Service Request Asset tasks in line with SLA and relevant policies.
- To be the main focal point for inventory and IT infrastructure asset management.
- Escalation to management as and when needed based on software and hardware asset thresholds and stock levels.
- Undertake physical audits and cross reference against the CMDB.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Licensing and other major publishers
- Knowledge of Remedyforce or other IT Service Management Tools
- Knowledge of SNOW asset management tool
- Knowledge of the procurement and purchase lifecycle
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position