12th June 2023
IT Service Desk Team Leader
South East - Kent
Up to £45,000 per annum
IT Service Desk Team Leader – FTC
Up to £45,000 per annum
On behalf of a Leading Financial Services organisation, I am seeking an experienced Service Desk Team Leader to join their established and busy team. As the IT Service Desk Team Leader, you will be reporting to the Service Desk Manager. To effectively lead a team of IT Service Desk Analysts ensuring that service levels are achieved.
Due to support commitments across the business, you will be required to work a 5-day week on rotation Monday – Saturday with an on-call rota which you will be paid additionally.
- Production of daily, weekly and monthly Service Desk KPI’s to report to IT Service Management
- Effective incident and service request management.
- Deliver continuous improvement on service quality.
- Interface Service Desk with other IT Functions, processes and standards to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design and deliver Service Desk processes, technologies and services
- 3rd Party/Vendor Management in conjunction with the Service Management team.
- Adoption and implementation of Service Desk and ITIL best practice ie SDI Standards.
- Assist in the management of recruitment against approved headcount.
- Motivate and develop self and capability of direct reports through training/cross skilling, effective performance management and standard line management activities.
- Succession management planning.
- Support and adhere to corporate and IT governance initiatives.
- Compliance with internal and external audit requirements.
- Risk and Issue management for the Service Desk team.
- Adherence to departmental processes and procedures.
- Monitoring of staff performance against agreed SLA’s and departmental KPI’s
- Regular reporting of key metrics and KPI’s.
- Increase the percentage of incidents resolved within an agreed/acceptable period of time
- Improved effectiveness and efficiency within the IT Service Desk through process, activities and toolsets
- Increase level of user satisfaction by achieving Service Desk targets.
- Report any risks/issues associated with current processes or new processes to line management.
- Previous experience as a Service Desk Team Leader or senior operations role experience within an IT function or similar environments
- You will ideally hold knowledge of the Microsoft infrastructure tech stack (Citrix/VD support, SCCM, PowerShell, AD administration, SQL Servers etc.
- Ms Azure cloud knowledge would be advantageous
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to lead, influence and develop self and others
- Drive, self-motivated and ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent analytical/problem solving abilities with which to drive continual and service improvement
- Strong customer service skills.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position