15th January 2024
IT Threat Management Vulnerability Specialist
£400 - £480 per day (inside IR35)
IT Threat Management Vulnerability Specialist (SCCM/Qualys)
Docklands, London – Hybrid
6 month contract
£400 – £480 per day (inside IR35)
On behalf of a Leading Financial services, I am seeking a Threat Management Vulnerability Specialist with expertise in SCCM and Qualys. This role is responsible for the overall management of security vulnerability and configuration compliance of the global Windows Server and VMware estate.
Due to the organisation operating a hybrid work model, you will be required to be within commutable distance of their Docklands, London office and be in office 2 days per week.
- Ensure systems are managed to the highest standard by following industry best practice.
- Demonstrate good problem management ownership and prevention of SLA breach under Incident/Problem Management processes.
- Actively contribute to the development of existing and new IT process and procedures to enhance service transition and service operation life cycle stages.
- Demonstrate self-starter capabilities identifying areas of improvement and taking action in order to address.
- Responsible for the security and configuration compliance of the Microsoft Windows Server platform and the VMware technology stack.
- Maintain, develop, and improve the vulnerability management service. Develop solutions and automated methods to reduce manual and repetitive tasks.
- Work closely with key stakeholder groups including IT Security to ensure appropriate levels of engagement and focus are maintained.
- Provide leadership across the team, manage tasks and engineers as required.
- Plan and implement technical changes without unexpected disruption to the service and with minimal oversight.
- Create, maintain, and review operational process and support documentation.
- Support and Participate in scheduled Disaster Recovery events.
- Has experience of managing solutions, technologies and processes associated with vulnerability and configuration compliance in a Microsoft Windows/VMware environment.
- Has experience of supporting production systems in an enterprise Microsoft Windows/VMware environment.
- Has experience working in financial services sector.
- Has experience of SCCM, VUM, Qualys
- Understanding of Unix/Linux Operating Systems to be able to report and track vulnerabilities.
- Has experience of delivering service improvement across technology products and operational processes.
- Has experience of working with ITSM systems such as Service Now and understands priorities and SLA’s.
- Has ability to collaborate effectively with other operational support teams in to support the service.
- Has experience of providing cross training on technologies and operational processes to colleagues.
- Has strong documentation and technical writing skills.
- Has excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Has knowledge of ITIL framework (understanding of Incident, Problem, Change).
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position