14th March 2023
Mid-Senior – Data Engineer
£65k + Bonus
65k + Bonus
Spencer Rose are looking for a Mid-Senior Data Engineer to join our client’s growing team software as a service company, bringing true digital transformation to the global shipping industry by creating and bringing to market technology for the maritime industry that enhances the way shipping professionals work. They are dynamic and fast paced with a tech start-up environment feel,’ but with the unique position of being part of a global FTSE250 company.
The Data Engineer will has the following responsibilities:
- Use data from internal & external sources to provide the company with a competitive edge
- Maintain existing/develop new solutions to maximize the utility of data within the business
- Hands-on full life cycle understanding of requirements and delivery of reports, dashboards and data feeds.
- Understand and document new and existing data requirements and translating these into high-level database designs and then implementing.
- Manage the relationship with stakeholders and users of the data.
- Work with the development team to contribute to project delivery, review T-SQL code and provide occasional best practice guidance.
- Process large data sets/forecasting.
The Data Engineer must have the following technical experience:
- SQL 2012-2019/Azure SQL DB
- Strong T-SQL skills. Confident with advanced functions and complex datasets from transactional and batch sources.
- SSIS & Azure Data Factory
- Analysis Services Tabular
- Comfortable using GIT/Azure Devops CI/CD for code & development management
- Power Platform – Power BI On-premise and Embedded service/Powerapps/Power
Share This Position