15th June 2023
£75,000 - £85,000 per annum
City of London (Hybrid)
£75,000 – £85,000 per annum
On behalf of a market leading organisation, I have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer required to join their highly skilled Infrastructure team to deliver exceptional 3rd Line Support to the global infrastructure network and deliver various network projects within tight timeframes.
Due to the organisation operating a hybrid work model, you must be within commutable distance of their City of London offices and willing to be office based 3 days per week.
- Lead or contribute to the technical delivery of various network projects that include design, configuration and installation of office moves and expansion, replacement of existing vendors, and managing datacentres networks.
- Create and maintain project-related documentation, ensuring that accurate information is available to the team members and the other teams.
- Conduct workshops at regular intervals to share the knowledge with others.
- Create and maintain site documentations and technical documentations.
- Develop knowledge in a specific technology area, to become a trusted SME in that field.
- Proactive monitoring of IT systems and preventative measures taken to reduce system downtime.
- Write post incident review documents and suggest/implement recommendation plans to reduce/prevent further incidents.
- Test business applications, network, and server performance, provide performance statistics and reports, develop strategies for maintaining and improving core infrastructure.
- Adherence to all IT security policies and assistance in enforcing and monitoring of IT security policies.
- Be able to spot potential vulnerabilities and suggest resolution.
- Evaluate, design, maintain, infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, and incident and change management systems.
- Understand requirements of business and suggest appropriate technologies to help deliver business goals.
- On-call Rota & regular weekend network maintenance.
- Experienced Network Engineer with at least CCNP level certification or above
- Vendor Experience: Cisco and Meraki products
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco FTD, Cisco FMC, Cisco Switches & Nexus 5k/9k switches
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of Meraki Products – MX, MS, MR, and SD-WAN
- Administration of Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco ISR Routers and Cisco DNA Center
- CUCM/Cisco Voice experience
- In-depth experience in working with Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine)
- Fundamental Multicast problem-solving skills
- Good Understanding and troubleshooting skills of Azure cloud-based networks
- Network Automation – Write and execute scripts in Python
- Configuration and troubleshooting Cisco Anyconnect remote access VPN.
- Ideally some Linux experience
- Knowledge and application of ITIL processes.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position