7th April 2022
Principal Scrum Master
£80,000 - £85,000 per annum
Principal Scrum Master
City of London/Remote
£80,000 – £85,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of a growing financial services organisation, I am seeking an experienced Scrum Master with a background of working with and guiding a team of software developers. You will ideally hold a background of working within a financial services environment.
The organisation operates a hybrid working model; therefore you will be expected to be present in their offices at least twice a week in London. Despite a part of your week being remote based, you should be within commutable distance of their city of London offices.
- Reporting into their Head of Delivery this is a fantastic opportunity to be an SME for all things agile.
- As a Principal Scrum Master, you will be responsible for delivering change and driving value for their customers through the management of delivery in multiple Scrum teams within their Engineering department while also line managing their Scrum Masters.
- You will help the team excel by removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings and working closely with key stakeholders within or Engineering and Change functions.
- Guiding the teams on Agile methodologies and their associated practices
- Responsible for facilitating the agile ceremonies, such as daily stand ups, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospectives
- Ensuring the SDLC is adhered to while contributing to its continued improvement
- Line manage their current Scrum Masters within the Engineering function
- Embraces and drives a continuous learning culture where the development of new skills and knowledge is paramount to the success of their role and career.
- As a Principal Scrum Master you will have regular interactions with Senior stakeholders across all areas of the business to ensure we as a business are continuously improving. This opportunity is crucial to the delivery of their products while also assessing the scrum maturity of the team and coaching this department to keep ahead of the game.
- Proven track record in playing the Scrum Master role for a software team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory
- Experience of working within a financial services environment would be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – comfortable working with and presenting to senior management
- Ability to confidently articulate the implications of technical debt and provide ideas and techniques for its removal
- Excellent knowledge of Agile techniques: Scrum and Kanban as well as experience working within Azure DevOps/Jira for Product backlog management
- Experience in line management of other scrum masters and driving quality initiative across teams.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position