1st September 2022
Project Risk Manager
£600 - £625 per day (inside IR35)
Project Risk Manager
London, Docklands (Hybrid)
£600 – £625 per day (inside IR35)
On behalf of a Key Spencer Rose Client, I am seeking an experience Project Risk Manager from a financial services background. Reporting into the Program Office Manager, the Project Risk Manager will be responsible for the Program’s risk management throughout the program lifecycle.
This role is classified as Hybrid with 20% of your time being based in their London Docklands offices, therefore you must be within commutable distance and UK based.
- Working with the Program Office Manager and the Project Managers to deliver best in breed’ proactive risk management on the Program.
- The Risk manager will be responsible for 1st and 2nd line risk management across the Program. Ensuring the Program
- The role is responsible for working closely with the relevant stakeholders within the Program (particularly the workstream Project Managers, Program Manager, Operational Risk Manager) to manage the identification, assessment, management of Program Risks, Project risks and Operational risks throughout the Program lifecycle. To focus on consistency from all stakeholders and to ensure all Program workstream deliverables are managed in line with operational risk thresholds and with prudent, comprehensive risk assessments in order to minimize any negative impact to the business.
- Facilitating and monitoring implementation of effective project risk management practices across the Program workstreams to ensure consistency across the Program workstreams.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all risk registers (Excel and EPM), focus on timely up to date register at all times. Working closely with risk owners, risk actionee and Project Managers for inputs, to ensure gold standard of risk maintenance.
- The role will require assisting risk owners in defining the target risk exposure and developing robust mitigation plans. Providing guidance, advice or subject matter expertise to the project team in managing its risks.
- Risk mitigation action tracking and delivery; corrective action plan definition and delivery where required.
- Will be a key interface to the Program’s 2nd line operational risk stakeholders. Working closely with 2nd line to provide 1st line representation.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly Program risk reporting, comfortable with presenting the reports to exco level stakeholders.
- Responsible for key interlock with ePMO and meeting all risk management governance expectations, aligned to Pegasus Project Governance framework.
- Chairing monthly and quarterly project Risk and operational risk review sessions/workshops.
- 5+ years of project and operational risk management experience
- Financial Services or regulatory experience is highly desirable
- Requires strong leadership and influence of the risk owners and risk actionees to ensure quality inputs to the maintenance of the Program risks and encouraging proactive risk identification throughout.
- Experienced at managing stakeholders ensuring strong communication and governance is in place.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of the different Project Management Frameworks
- Experience in the Operational Risk discipline, establishing framework and on-going process in accordance with best practices.
- Experience managing the delivery of new financial products or services that involve Information Technology systems changes
- Ability to operate in an independent manner without close supervision is essential
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills. Ability to work across business units and departments
- Some experience directly engaging with and interacting with regulators, either from a policy or supervisory perspective.
- Have professional presentation skills, including excellent writing and public speaking capabilities; proficiency in standard PC programs (Excel, PowerPoint).
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position