30th March 2022
£755 - £775 per day (inside IR35)
Senior Security Architect (6 month contract)
London, Canary Wharf – Hybrid working
£755 – £775 per day (inside IR35)
On behalf of a Leading financial services organisation, I am seeking a highly experienced Senior Security Architect who is able to operate with a high level of autonomy to conduct the required architectural analysis and design in line with the enterprise security strategy.
Due to the organisation requiring the contractor to be present in their London offices from time to time, the individual must be UK based and furthermore within commutable distance of their London offices.
- Supporting the Security Architecture team to implement the Security Architecture Strategy and Framework across the business.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture/Technology to provide and recommend effective solutions meeting requirements of the business through effective control of security risks and countering the threat landscape.
- Partner with multiple divisions and technical managers to maximize the effectiveness of Security Architecture requirements in the implementation of products, environments and services.
- Supporting the analysis of potential weaknesses and identifying recommendations to improve the security of all services across the business.
- Provide technical security advice, guidance, design and review in support of all business-related products and services, reporting to a Security Architecture Manager.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture in the effective delivery of solutions
- A high-level knowledge of all key areas of Information Security Technology and an ability to apply them appropriately
- Work with other Security Architects to build security into infrastructure and architecture designs
- Provide direction and advice on projects related to security portfolio to strengthen the overall cybersecurity posture
- Assess SaaS and IaaS cloud services and virtualization technologies and provide direction and input for the maturation of the Cloud Security Framework where necessary
- Foster relationships with key functional teams such as IT, Compliance, Operations, Finance, HR, Internal Audit, and Enterprise Risk to support current and future initiatives
- Keep informed of new and updated industry frameworks and regulations: GDPR, ISO 27001/2, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, NIST CSF, SP 800-53, PFMI, CPMI ISOCO and FFIEC handbook, SABSA
- Keep informed of new and emerging security threats & assess effectiveness of current controls to identify opportunities for program improvement.
- 5+ years security architecture expertise with broad understanding of multiple security domains
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to drive forward key security objectives
- Knowledge of policy frameworks and understanding of policies, procedures, guideline structure
- Knowledge of Firewalls, IPS, DLP, proxies, SEIM, & endpoint protection software
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CRISC, SABSA, GIAC, CCSP, CCSK or equivalent is preferred
- Knowledge of Risk Management life cycles based on an established framework: ISO 27001, SANS, NIST SP 800-53
- Working knowledge of the following frameworks and regulations: ISO 27001/2, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, NIST CSF, and FFIEC handbook, Cloud Security Alliance CCM
- Degree in a technology discipline (Computer Science, Information Management, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or equivalent)
Consultant - Richard Sharp
Telephone: 0207 392 7507
Share This Position