15th June 2023
South East - Surrey
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
£50,000 – £55,000 per annum
On behalf of a FTSE 100 market leading organisation, I am seeking an experienced Security Engineer. The Security Engineer will be responsible for detecting, reviewing and responding to security alerts and incidents. The role requires close collaboration with operations and supports teams to mitigate vulnerabilities and support the Group user base. The Security Engineer will review controls on a regular basis and recommend enhancements or changes as required.
Due to the organisation operating a hybrid work model, you must be within commutable distance of their Woking offices and willing to be office based 4 days per week.
- Review and manage security alerts
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Optimise and manage current security tool stack and review potential new security platforms.
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Support Operations in patch and vulnerability management
- Respond to Security Incidents providing support to Security Analysts
- Provide security subject matter expertise across multiple security domains
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Deliver monthly reports to the Head of Information Security
- Maintain knowledge of latest risks, threats and technology across cyber security industry.
- Proven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Knowledge of Cloud Architectures and security solutions
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Cloud Security Reference architecture
- Hand-on Experience with Defender 365 Suite, Microsoft Sentinel and Azure security technologies
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems, networks and security solutions
- Knowledge of Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, KQL
- Accurate and high-quality documentation
- Excellent analytical skills including requirements analysis, complex data analysis, business process analysis and solution impact analysis
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tool
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience with industry standards such as ISO27001, Cyber Essentials and PCI DSS.
- Industry recognised Security certification (eg, Security+, CISMP, CCSP, SSCP)
- Technical related qualifications (eg, Azure Specific certifications, GSEC)
- Qualifications from adjacent areas (eg, PRINCE2, ITIL).
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position