24th November 2022
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
£90,000 - £100,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of a Central London based Hedge Fund, I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to work with their technology team focused on a variety of tasks including Cloud Operations, DevOps, and IT infrastructure/operations.
The organisation operates a hybrid work model of 3 days per week in their London offices, therefore you must be UK based and within commutable distance of London.
- SME in management, design, building and deployment of Cloud server infrastructure (AWS)
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement of Cloud Operations, DevOps, and IT infrastructure/operations
- Container (Docker, Fargate) and storage (S3) technologies
- Partner to deliver on key information security and IT risk related initiatives. Furthermore, ensure compliance to patching and vulnerability policies established within the organization
- Contribute and support the implementation if our Disaster Recovery strategy for critical systems and infrastructure
- Assess single points of failure in infrastructure and recommend actions as appropriate
- Oversee the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and administration of all IT systems, to include applications, Servers, storage, databases, desktops/laptops, and mobile devices
- Design, implement, deploy and manage systems/applications monitoring processes and tools to proactively identify and resolve problems within the company computing environment
- Participate in negotiations and manage contracts with key service providers to ensure service levels are met. Furthermore, assist in the review of enterprise contracts, specifically, AWS.
- Previous experience in a Senior Infrastructure Engineering capacity, preferably within a hedge fund or financial services environment.
- IT infrastructure – Support, design and implement infrastructure technologies and solutions
- Strong analytical capability and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coding and Scripting (eg, Python, PowerShell)
- Systems design – specification and design of systems to meet defined business needs
- Enterprise monitoring and reporting tools
- Experience managing IP based networks, WAN technologies, virtual server technologies, cloud, DHCP/DNS, MS Office 365
- Demonstrated experience transforming IT infrastructure and moving an organization toward a mature cloud-based (AWS) service delivery model
- Knowledgeable across a broad set of infrastructure platforms (Windows, Linux etc).
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position