24th January 2023
Senior Network Engineer
£70,000 - £75,000 per annum
Senior Network Engineer
City of London/Hybrid
£70,000 – £75,000 per annum
On behalf of a Leading telecoms provider, I am seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join the businesses IP team. The successful candidate will be required to lead network designs from requirement-gathering/requirement-input through High-Level Design, Low Level Design, verification testing, handover into operation and validation.
Due to the organisation operating a Hybrid work model, you will be expected to be office based two days per week and therefore must be within commutable distance of their City of London offices.
- Leading network designs from requirement-gathering/requirement-input through High-Level Design, Low Level Design, verification testing, handover into operation and validation
- Providing technical direction to other design engineers as required.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely while maintaining good working relationships both within the engineering team and throughout the business.
- Able to provide clear, detailed HLD/LLD documentation in conformance with local engineering standards.
- A good understanding of security requirements in a Service Provider environment and the ability to incorporate these into all designs and documentation produced.
- Network design for Data Centre infrastructure and for data centre migrations associated with technology refresh and architectural changes
- Network Design for end-to-end Voice, Data and Security services overlaid on the Data Centre Infrastructure, Back End platforms, the MPLS Edge, and CPE Equipment
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams to develop products/services, as required, to produce network designs which meet the functional requirements of the product/service and of each of its components.
- Working with stakeholders, including Architecture to understand product/service and infrastructure requirements
- Working with Operations Supporting: Implementation/development of updates to provisioning and automation systems/troubleshooting (4th line)
- Working with suppliers and integration/implementation partners
- Network Design for Back End platforms (Openstack, VMWare) and for platform migrations
- Proven experience in a Network Engineer/IP Engineer capacity previously
- A design-level understanding of Firewalls Load balancers
- A working understanding of automation technologies and the abilities to analyse processes and repetitive tasks with a view to automation
- Design experience with the following technologies & Products including Fortigate/Palo Alto Firewalls, Juniper MX (MPLS, QoS, BGP, LAG/MC-LAG), Cisco Nexus 7000 (OTV, Fabricpath, VRF-lite, BGP, OSPF), Nexus 9000 (VVLAN & EVPN for Openstack, Leaf/Spine/Border topologies), Openstack, WMWare, knowledge of Linux, Confluence.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position