28th September 2022
Senior Wintel Engineer
£80,000 - £85,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
Senior Wintel Engineer
City of London (Hybrid)
£80,000 – £85,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of a City of London based financial services organisation, I am seeking an experienced Senior Wintel Engineer to join their established and dynamic team. The primary and short-term aim of the role is to provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment.
While the organisation operates a hybrid work model, you will be expected to be UK based and within commutable distance of their City of London offices.
- Provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment
- Manage production and maintenance of integration system documentation
- Ensure delivery of tasks in a timely manner and report progress to line management and project teams
- Review and recommend options to improve the effectiveness of infrastructure patching through automation. Provide escalation support for all Windows, Exchange and messaging, VMware and Citrix infrastructure in an enterprise Active Directory environment when undergoing patch and service pack updates.
- Act as a visible point of contact for the Wintel Infrastructure (O/S and hardware)
- Resolve and conduct root cause analysis of system performance/failure issues
- Establish and maintain best practices, processes and procedures to underpin the operations of the business
- Manage configuration, installation and release management for patches and service packs
- Conduct performance monitoring and testing
- Produce documentation and change management requests
- Prepare and maintain technical, process and operations documentation
- Support end to end patching process for Windows operating systems and products. The Wintel Engineer will be the key-stakeholder in maintaining and administering the solution as a cornerstone of the Patch as a Service’ Offering.
- Previous experience in a Wintel Engineer capacity, preferably within a financial services environment.
- The successful applicant will be one of the company’s engineers on Windows related technologies and will have to demonstrate strong automation skills along with the technical experience needed to build high-performance, resilient solutions.
- Technologies will include but not limited to, Windows Server, Exchange Server, O365, AWS, Active Directory, VMWare ESX, PowerShell, File and Print Services, DNS, DFS, ADFS and Windows Clustering
- Working, detailed knowledge of the Ivanti Patch or Shavlik for Windows Servers product
- Working, detailed knowledge of Windows operating system platforms (including Windows Server
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 client/workstation equivalents). Knowledge of Legacy Windows operating systems an advantage.
- Experience of ITIL v3 standards or a certificate in ITIL v3 foundation skills beneficial.
- PowerShell and VB Scripting
- Knowledge of how to patch and test high availability systems.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position