5th December 2023
System Engineering Team Lead
£80,000 - £90,000 per annum
System Engineering Team Lead
City of London (Hybrid)
£80,000 – £90,000 per annum
On behalf of an industry Leading organisation, we have a fantastic opportunity for a System Engineering Team Lead to join their team of Senior Engineers across the EMEA region. The person in this role will collaborate closely with Team Leads in other regions and be a part of the Global Platforms Leadership team. You will manage the EMEA Systems Delivery team and additionally function as a key point of contact for the IT Operations team.
The System Engineering Team Lead role holds day to day responsibility for the EMEA team of Senior engineers who provide and manage the following technical services for the business:
- Active Directory, VMWare ESXi, Horizon & Vcentre, Windows Server, Windows client engineering, Intune, HPe server and storage hardware, Exchange Server, Windows clustering, M365 cloud services, Backup services, Service automation and Monitoring and alerting
- Leading the systems engineering team, covering performance management, goal setting and upskilling.
- Working together with Global Leads to ensure work is prioritized and handed over correctly between regions as part of a Follow-The-sun support model.
- Providing an escalation point for engineering and operations teams.
- Managing the work demands & backlog of the team for effective resource Management.
- Working with the business to understand their needs and upcoming projects.
- Playing an active role in the global platforms’ leadership team, setting the standards for how we deliver services to the business.
- Proactively finding design issues with our current services which can be addressed before they become user impacting.
- Challenging and supporting the engineering team with design and implementation, you are their technical mentor.
- Work closely with our information security team to ensure new services do not create additional risk and address any identified risks.
- Previous experience managing & leading a team of Experienced Senior Engineers
- The technical ability to contribute & challenge solutions and deliver the best outcome
- Experience using Data to drive priorities, manage workloads/backlogs and identify hotspots/issues/risks for pro-active remediation.
- Customer oriented, with a passion for delivering excellent service and for continuous improvement of services.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate well over the telephone, chat, or face to face.
- Collaborating with suppliers to specify the right solutions for our requirements and manage the delivery of those.
- Flexible and willing to work outside of the core hours if necessary – the global platforms team is responsible for a large portfolio of business-critical services & provides an escalation point 24×7.
- Able to adapt to and manage changing situations, one day may be designing integration for a new application into our existing estate, the next may be supporting a new acquisition.
Technical knowledge required:
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira/ServiceNow
- VMWare ESXi & VCentre
- PowerShell Scripting and automation
- Storage technologies
- Backup tools (ideally Commvault, but training can be provided)
- Azure AD (including, but not limited to conditional access, SSO, application registration, provisioning), M365 & Intune.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position