10th May 2023
Systemic Risk Manager
London - Canary Wharf
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum
Systemic Risk Manager
London Docklands (Hybrid)
£75,000 – £80,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of a Docklands based financial services organisation, I am seeking a Systemic Risk Manager. The Systemic Risk Manager is a member of the organisations Systemic Risk office that has been created to reflect the organisations recognition of the critical role it plays as a Designated Financial Market Utility ( DFMU’) and its role in the ecosystem to identify, measure, monitor and escalate potential systemic risks.
Due to the organisation operating a Hybrid work model, you must be within commutable distance of their Docklands offices and willing to be office based at least 2 days per week.
- Supports the CRO and Head of Systemic Risk (and leads where applicable) in the on-going risk dialogue with the external stakeholders and ecosystem participants
- Identifies emerging systemic risks and develops mitigating actions in partnership with internal and external subject matter experts:
- Provides thought leadership in developing industry wide solutions to address systemic risk issues that include but are not limited to funding, liquidity, resilience, failure management, recovery & resolution
- Provides input to risk assessments for new and existing products and services of the organisation, and the impact to the ecosystem
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements to deliver increasing operational efficiencies
- Interfaces with key internal stakeholders and business units (Sales, Product, Operations and Legal) and Senior Management Committees.
- Facilitates and frequently leads interfacing with external stakeholders to establish and communicate risk management policies, processes, risk appetite and limits
- Develops risk bilateral schedule in collaboration with Product and Sales
- Develops material in conjunction with internal stakeholders to incorporate new and emerging risk themes and the assessment of the risk footprint of the external stakeholder.
- Development of analytics and reporting of systemic risk metrics that include but are not limited to In/Out swap capacity, Nostro concentration, member incidents, third party activity concentration, pay in call trials
- Ensures that systems enhancements, applications, models and algorithms are implemented to comply with the risk regime of the organisation, and the assessment of the corresponding impacts to the ecosystem
- Works with external stakeholders and internal business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities, tool and techniques
- 5-7 years’ experience in the financial services sector covering Treasury, Liquidity Risk, Balance Sheet/Asset Liability Management, Operational Risk or Credit Risk.
- Experience in establishing framework and on-going process in accordance with industry best practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to articulate effectively to audience with varying levels of subject matter expertise
- Some experience directly engaging with and interacting with regulators, either from a policy or supervisory perspective.
- Ability to work constructively and flexibly in a small team environment, and to assist at the direction of management in tasks that are not the immediate responsibility of the department.
- Have professional presentation skills, including excellent writing and public speaking capabilities; proficiency in standard PC programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Some knowledge of PFMI principles and REG HH standards.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position