26th October 2022
Technical Actuary – Data Science
£100k per annum
Actuarial Data Scientist/Technical Consultant
Spencer Rose are looking for an actuary with a keen interest in Data Science to support our client’s challenges in the Marine Hull and Cargo Insurance industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced actuary to embark on a Data Science journey, implementing data science and product features to real-life customer scenarios.
You will assist the Sales Team on complex, transformational deals and work on product and analytics projects. You will be working at the forefront of industry change, applying cutting edge technologies such as AI and Machine Learning to industry and customer challenges.
You will be versatile and proactive, learning and applying the latest Big Data and Data Science techniques.
The actuarial data scientist will have these responsibilities:
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver products and technology
- Undertake analytical work to demonstrate how modelling capabilities can improve the performance of an underwriting business
- Writing and running custom analysis for customers and ensuring it is tailored to their needs
- Deliver periodic reports for a customer such as compliance
- Help with the rapid prototyping of proof of concepts
- Help guide the output of data scientists by providing added context into areas such as feature engineering and the communication of AI/modelling results
The actuarial data scientist will have these key skills:
- Formal qualifications in Mathematics or Statistics (or related training) and an interest in up-skilling in Applied Data Science and Big Data skills.
- Experience working as a Data/Actuarial Analyst or in a data-driven role, preferably in the Commercial insurance sector.
- Experience using data and analytics to help inform business decisions.
- SQL/R/Python software capabilities to an intermediate level.
Share This Position