11th May 2023
Technical Information Security Consultant
London - The City
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum
Technical Information Security Consultant (Team Lead)
City of London (Hybrid)
£75,000 – £80,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf of a City of London based financial services organisation, I am seeking a Technical Information Security Consultant (Team Lead) to lead an information security technical consultant team to ensure organisational assets are secured appropriately based on their importance to the organisation.
Due to the organisation operating a hybrid work model, you must be within commutable distance of their London offices and willing to be office based 1 day per week.
- To provide expert advice and guidance on how to minimise the impact to the Groups of potential threats to the network or assets through secure designs and assurance.
- To liaise with potential or current partners and suppliers to the Groups and evaluate the information security levels of the company or products.
- As required provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to colleagues on Information Security requirements.
- Work closely with the Security, Architecture and Engineering communities to embed security by design and security assurance reporting.
Policy, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines:
- To provide SME knowledge to ensure that information security policies are implemented, enforced, monitored and complied with and to ensure the Group embraces a culture of Information Security aligned with Policy and Standards through design.
- To assure Business change delivery against Information Security Standards and Guidelines within the Groups in line with Policies and Industry best practises.
- To develop and ensure Information Security procedures are approved that provide repeatable process that adhere to in order to implement that Information Security policies.
- To provide SME knowledge and leadership support to the Information Security Assurance and consultancy team to deliver.
- To work collaboratively with the Infrastructure Solution Architects, Information Security pillars and IT GRC Teams to provide advice and guidance on all Information Security Risks related to Business change delivery.
- To expertly critique the high-level and low-level designs within projects. Working on all such projects taking ownership of delivering Information Security throughout their lifecycle to ensure the Groups meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
- To take ownership ensure that risk assessments are completed where Business change risk are transferred from a project into BAU risk management.
- To provide expert guidance in taking timely action resulting from risks associated with Business change with options/recommendations. This may involve liaison with other departments, partners or suppliers. Monitor and escalate any issues of non-compliance to the Information Security Leadership.
- Provides on the job training to new team members for processes and procedures.
- Acts as a mentor to junior team members to support deliverables.
- Allocates work, handling day to day workload and resource management for one or multiple teams.
- Recruit, develop and coach colleagues to ensure the right level of capability and skills.
- Set objectives to drive individual performance to achieve delivery of goals that are aligned to Information Security Objectives.
- Be able to build working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism.
- Experience of working in a large company and/or Enterprise environment – with understanding of multiple stakeholders and how to manage change.
- An understanding of cloud technology (preferably Azure)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are paramount, alongside workload delegate management.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity standards and frameworks eg ISO27001, NIST, CIS, OWASP, SOC2
- Information security frameworks
- Experience with Security technologies
- Team Management experience within the industry.
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position