20th September 2022
Threat & Vulnerability Specialist
London - Canary Wharf
£70,000 - £75,000 per annum
On behalf of a Leading financial services organisation, I am seeking an experienced Threat & Vulnerability Specialist who will be responsible for the overall management of security vulnerability and configuration compliance of the global Windows Server and VMware estate. The successful candidate will have a solid background working with Microsoft server platforms and the VMware technology stack with specific focus on vulnerability and configuration management.
The organisation has flexibility on remote working and operate a hybrid work pattern, however you must be willing to be office based when needed, therefore we will only accept candidates who are UK based and within a commutable distance of their London offices.
- Responsible for the security and configuration compliance of the Microsoft Windows Server platform and the VMware technology stack.
- Maintain, develop, and improve the vulnerability management service. Develop solutions and automated methods to reduce manual and repetitive tasks.
- Work closely with key stakeholder groups including IT Security to ensure appropriate levels of engagement and focus are maintained.
- Patch management responsibilities.
- Provide leadership across the team, manage tasks and engineers as required.
- Plan and implement technical changes without unexpected disruption to the service and with minimal oversight.
- Create, maintain, and review operational process and support documentation.
- Support and participate in scheduled Disaster Recovery events.
- Has experience of managing solutions, technologies and processes associated with vulnerability and configuration compliance in a Microsoft Windows/VMware environment.
- Has experience of supporting production systems in an enterprise Microsoft Windows/VMware environment.
- Previous experience with Qualys would be highly advantageous.
- Experience in patch management essential.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux Operating Systems to be able to report and track vulnerabilities.
- Has experience of delivering service improvement across technology products and operational processes.
- Has knowledge of ITIL framework (understanding of Incident, Problem, Change).
Consultant - Brendan Connolly
Telephone: 0207 392 7512
Share This Position